Air Handler Installation
Augusta, GA, Air Handler Installation
Do you ever wonder how the conditioned air from your HVAC system is distributed into your home’s ducts and throughout your living areas? That’s the job of the air handler, a critical component of an HVAC system.
An air handler that is in need of repair or replacement can lead to severe comfort issues. When the air handler cannot properly distribute air through your home, Atlas Heating & Air Conditioning can help. Our team installs a variety of air handlers to keep your home comfortable year-round. Contact us today for air handler installation in Augusta, GA, and the greater CSRA.
What Is an Air Handler?
The air handler is the indoor portion of your heating and cooling system. It consists of an evaporator coil, air filter, blower motor and blower fan, and various electrical components.
In essence, the air handler acts as the lungs of your system. Your home’s ductwork starts at the air handler, and the return duct circulates back to it. The air handler uses the blower fan to push air into your home’s ducts to be distributed throughout your home. Air handlers work in conjunction with heat pumps and air conditioners, not separately. They are not used with propane, oil-fired, or forced-air furnaces because these systems have self contained blower fans.
What Are the Different Types of Air Handlers?
When it comes to choosing an air handler for your Augusta, GA home, you have options. Air handlers come in a variety of different speeds and features. Air handlers with different speeds, for example, can lead to increased efficiency and lower energy costs. Some of the most popular types of air handlers include:
As their name suggests, single-speed air handlers operate at one speed only, running at full capacity every time they’re turned on. You don’t have any control over the speed of these types of air handlers, and they are less efficient than other options. However, they are the most affordable type which makes them popular for homeowners on a budget.
Multi-speed air handlers typically come in two or three different speeds which makes them more efficient and quieter and improves airflow. They also give homeowners more control over the operation of their HVAC system. Multi-speed air handlers typically start out at full speed and gradually decrease the speed to maintain the desired temperature.
A variable-speed air handler can operate at multiple speeds to provide more control over the airflow and temperature of a home by adjusting the amount of air being circulated based on the needs of the home or building. This creates more efficient and consistent heating and cooling and improved indoor air quality. Operating at lower speeds for extended periods helps lower energy costs.
Signs You Need a New Air Handler
If you’re unsure whether you need air handler installation service, consider some of the following signs that signal a replacement may be warranted.
- Age. Like all HVAC equipment, air handlers have a shelf life. If your air handler is 10-15 years old, consider replacing it as a preventative service.
- Frequent Repairs. If you’re frequently repairing your air handler, it makes more sense to put the repair money toward the purchase of a new unit, especially if it’s older.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality. Poor air quality across your Augusta, GA home is typically a sign that your air handler is no longer functioning properly and may need to be replaced.
- Poor Airflow. Inconsistent, weak, or overall poor airflow means your air handler is struggling to effectively distribute air. Contact a Atlas to inspect the system and see whether repair or replacement services are needed.
- High Energy Bills. Higher energy bills without any corresponding weather event may mean your system is struggling to maintain the proper temperature due to inefficiencies caused by wear and tear.
- Strange Sounds. Any strange sounds coming from your air handler could indicate loose or broken parts that need to be repaired or replaced before it causes a complete breakdown.
Contact Atlas Heating & Air Conditioning for Air Handler Installation Service
At Atlas Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re a locally owned and operated company that takes pride in offering the residents of Augusta, GA and the greater CSRA with reliable, timely, and affordable home comfort solutions, including air handler installation. We have a 4.9 rating out of 5 on Google Reviews, an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, so you can trust we’ll do the job right the first time. Contact us today for air handler installation in Augusta, GA.